Day after NY

Wow.. we are now in the new year 2005. Time flies so fast. Feels like yesterday that I was still in my danky uniforms and running about in school in a game of catch. Now, I'm married with a baby boy or girl (or both??) in mid-2005.

Another earthquake rocked the Indian Ocean again this morning although it's one that's comparable small at 5.9 on the Richter scale. Spent the whole morning watching the news. Heard that the Nicobar Islands and Sumatra are affected yet again, but there's no news. Neither is there any updates on whether any other areas are affected. The news agencies from both Singapore and Malaysia did special coverage on the disaster that struck. Saw all the tears and fears of the survivors, especially those who lost their (entire) families. I can't begin to imagine what I would have done in such scenarios... probably succumb to spells of faintings.

*Maybe I need to donate more to the Red Cross and other bodies.*

Baby News: The baby started to give me the lightning movements in either slicing motions or tickles throughout the day. I wonder whether it's normal. I heard it's supposedly ticklish, but slicing motions? Those can be quite painful. Maybe I'll ask the gynae the next time and share with the news.

Mood Check: I heard that ladies tend to be more sensitive during pregnancy, but to be sensitive at the slightest remark, scene of people crying and gore, which I've NEVER had any issues with, is ridiculous! Goodness! I can't even get my husband raising his voice by even a decibel without having my feelings hurt. Maybe I should write a book on how to control a pregnant woman... and earn extra $$$ on it... hahaha... My money-making brain at work again. :-D

Bodily Change: Haven't grown much in weight or vertically. In fact, I gained only 0.6kg since my checkup in Nov and Dec. Amazing huh? Well, the daily vomitting after food helps somewhat, I think. Having said that, in my 16wks of pregnancy, I've definitely grown a cup size, a size in pants and oh yeah... I strongly believe I'm carrying a baby boy... as I've all this 'dirt' marks like I haven't bathed nor scrubbed properly! (although I would have scrubbed enough to scrap off my entire epidemy off! Being the hygiene fanatic that I am.) Definitely a boy! I can think of only boys who love dirt as much as they do.. hahahaa... the typical female stereotyping persona talking here.

No comments: